Junior Business Controller
¥ 6,000,000 - 7,000,000
IFRS, US GAAP, J-GAAP, Finance, Accounting, English, Japanese
In this position, as Jr. Business Controller, you will report to the Global Senior Business Controller in Japan.
You will also interface directly or indirectly with the Global VP Controlling as well as with senior management.
International candidates are welcome as they will interact with the Europe team frequently. Frequent international travel is required.
You will support the following global areas of the finance organization and processes:
- Cost and P&L analysis of the company in Japan and other interfacing USxx entities
- Planning and reporting support to USJ controlling team
- The position allows for training and learning on the job for a new employee who is starting within the BU. .
You may also support global projects as directed by the supervisor and or the VP-AC Global Controlling. Those projects may include investment studies and valuations; Business development project within AC; IT projects; cost optimization projects; PGM and non PGM related audits).
- Actively supports as guided by the supervisor projects related to Planning, Reporting, Business Analysis and the optimization of the profitability of the business, including the USx Group entities.
- Supports that USJ controlling is safeguarding AC’s assets. Helps in the documentation and execution of policies and procedures to achieve the task.
- Supports USJ finance staff, which run the general ledger, cost accounting, and reporting functions. Compliance with IFRS and local GAAP, tax regulations and treasury requirements must be ensured.
- Timely and effectively supports the preparation of USJ board, steering committee meetings and shareholder discussions. Highly complex and sensitive structure of the Joint Venture (JV) with multiple contacts into the Japanese JV and Nippon Shokubai.
- Support hands on and pragmatic the planning and management of USJ’s controlling activities (e.g. monthly regional reports, PGM control, CE management, cost management and budgetary control…etc).
- Executes corrective actions and tracks ideas for cost containment as guided by the supervisor and the USJ Controller.
- Works on open action items of AC’s global IT strategy for AC as deemed adequate by the supervisor.
- Participates in cross-functional task-forces as decided by his supervisor.
- Supports AC-Business Development in Japan on an ad-hoc basis as appropriate
- University degree / Master ideally in Finance, Accounting , Business Administration or equivalent
- Knowledge of IFRS and US-GAAP, Japanese GAAP, which influences accounting and reporting for the division
- Current and commanding knowledge in budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, investment calculations, contract administrations, and analysis of various business strategies developing various scenarios to understand the opportunities – strategically and tactically in support of the business decisions.
- Project management skills
- Language skills: strong English skills required; second language in Japanese preferred; other languages considered a plus
- This position requires greater than 4 years of experience in the finance and accounting field with an internationally operating company.
- Working experience in multi-cultural environment.
- Solid IT knowledge